The things we can do together
I have mixed feelings about writing this - we are celebrating as we smashed our Christmas target and have made enough to support two more children through seven years of primary education and give every child we are working with a special day out. We have made well over £2,000 since November so a massive thank you to everyone that bought something, donated or came to one of our sewing workshops.
It’s twinned with sadness as this evening I was informed of the deaths of two children in the programme. In their memory we are determined to do more, raise more and help as many children as we can.
Here are a just a few of the ways you can get involved, buy or give...
- We have printed a limited run of our chicken t-shirts AND they are now available in larger sizes too: 3-6, 6-12, 12-18 months and (NEW) 3-4 and 5-6 years. They cost £12.50 and every of penny of profit will go towards helping a child through seven years of primary education. You can buy them here.
- We having a second sewing workshop on the 20th of February – this time in Bristol - see our facebook page for more details and please pass it on to friends in the area. The first workshop in London raised over £250....if you would like to host a workshop for your friends get in touch.
- Come and see us at Wonder hill craft market at the boogaloo in Highgate (N6 5AT) on the 19th of February more info here. Lots of lovely hand made stuff from crafty folk to browse and buy.
- Please, please help us spread the word by following us on facebook - just click on the badge on the right, like us and share us with any friends who might want to buy, give or get involved.
- Make a donation via myactionaid page, every penny will be go towards education grants for children in Bwaise and Makerere.
Thanks for reading,